Volunteering with Legacy Corps is about giving back to those who have already given so much. Military and veteran family caregivers face a variety of challenges. For many, there is no weekend or holiday break from caring for their loved one. Legacy Corps volunteers provide a priceless gift to these caregivers by allowing for much needed breaks.
Click the button below for important program forms, including the application packet to begin your journey with Legacy Corps!
Volunteers meeting their service goals will receive:
- Skills training
- $200 monthly stipend
- $1,612.43 education award at the completion of 450 hours
AmeriCorps Volunteers, referred to as Members, commit to one year of service (November through October) consisting of 450 hours of combined training and respites services. Members are matched with a minimum of two families for weekly visits throughout the year. Members receive a monthly stipend (approx. $200) and are eligible for an education award at the end of their service year ($1,612.43) if they have completed 450 total hours. Members over the age of 55 are able to transfer the education awards to a child or grandchild. Members participate in monthly reflective sessions and begin their service with 20-hours of pre-service training. Volunteers do not need to have a military background.
- Age 17 or older
- United States Citizen, U.S. National, or lawful permanent resident
- Successfully pass interview and background check
Documents required for enrollment:
- Social Security Card
- Photo ID
- Birth certificate, passport, naturalization papers, or Permanent Resident Card
- Background check clearance
- Completed application packet
- Completion of application packet
- References and background screening
- Interview with program director
- Attend orientation day
Ready to make a difference?
Call or email us to start your enrollment process. We are happy to answer any questions to assist you with the application process!